MedConverge offers comprehensive healthcare revenue cycle management services to its clients – hospitals, individual physicians & practices, and group practices.
Our employees, while from a variety of backgrounds, have one common foundation – the commitment to providing high-quality solutions and excellence in our day to day interactions. Our team believes in going the extra mile. A career at MedConverge is both challenging and rewarding. A positive work environment focused on facilitating achievement and maintaining high levels of performance is what you can expect. We are on the lookout for talented, team oriented and committed members to join our ever-growing team.
Current Openings: Please send your resume to email@example.com
- Understand client requirements and specifications of the project and assign appropriate codes using Current Procedural Terminology & ICD-10 codes.
- Follow project specific guide lines without any deviation.
- Meet the productivity targets of clients within the stipulated time.
- Compliance with clients or project guiding principles; business rules and training provided, company’s quality system and policies.
- Prepare and maintain status reports.
- Six months to three years’ experience in medical coding.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) Certification.
- Working knowledge in Current Procedural Terminology & ICD-10.
- Good knowledge of human anatomy and physiology.
- Basic keyboard skills with effective communication skills.
- Verify patients’ Insurance Coverage.
- Handle collections and unpaid accounts.
- Work directly with the insurance companies, the patients, and the healthcare providers, to get a claim processed and in the end paid.
- Manage the facility’s Account Receivable(AR) Reports.
- Review and appeal for denied and unpaid claims.
- Use coded data provided by the medical coders to generate and then submit claims to Insurance Companies for payments.
- Knowledge of insurance guidelines in particular Medicaid and Medicare.
- Call insurance companies about any discrepancies in payments, if required.
- If applicable, provide secondary billing in a timely manner with appropriate supporting documentation.
- Review patient bills for its correctness and completeness and get missing information.
- Manage the bill queue on a daily basis.
- Six months to three years’ experience in medical billing.
- Time management and excellent documentation skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to work closely with staff to identify, resolve, and share information regarding payer trends, guidelines and any new updates.
- Understand and adhere to HIPAA and PHI guidelines.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Familiarity with medical terminology and medical insurance codes.